Monday, December 19, 2011

Yut Kee Restaurant @ Dang Wangi

When I first heard about this Hainanese western restaurant, it was from my dad. He told me that this restaurant has been around since the pre-world war time. Thus, I decided to ask my dad to bring me there.

It was the age of 15, when i first tried out this restaurant. I thought it would be just another ordinary restaurant they have in town. Recently, i went visiting Yut Kee again. This time i brought my outstation friend to try the restaurant .There was a long queue outside Yut Kee, i was amazed as usual by the people standing in the hot sun waiting for their turn to be served. Yut Kee is a coffee shop with a humble look on the outside which is located at Jalan Dang Wangi. It is the corner lot of the shop, walking distance from CapSquare and Dang Wangi LRT station. 

I went to the counter to the person in charge, Mr Mervyn (saw his name on the business card), he took down my name and the number of person dining in. Despite the long queue outside, the restaurant is very well organized. Everyone knows their job pretty well. When we sat down at the table, the waiters were right there waiting for our orders. I ordered the famous roti babi ( pork bread with direct translation into English), my mum had pork chop, dad had Lum Mee and Tracey (my friend) had Mee Suah Soup which i recommended. Besides, they serve roasted pork on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. It was a Sunday that we visited Yut Kee, I decided to try the roasted pork they had. The serving time was fast as usual despite the crowd in the coffee shop. 

The food we had on the day :
Apple White Wine sauce which goes with the Roasted Pork




Roasted Pork RM140-RM150/ roll

Pork Chop RM10/=

Roasted Pork with apple white wine sauce Price : RM14/ 2 pcs


Yut Kee since 1928


Yut Kee Restaurant
Off day : Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment